Re: [Nolug] Android phone?

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:54:10 -0600

I used to have the iPhuck.

After getting HTC Aria (one of the small android phones), within an hour I
was sold. Any android phone beats iPhuck hands down. A lot friendlier to
use. (even the operator-raped ones are better)

Yes, Google and Faceborg integration is very strong. Mine pulled all
contacts from Google and faceborg. Getting contacts from iPhuck was the most
painful one. I actually had to find a winblows with iTunes and be very
cautious not to let it destroy anything.

I have noticed so far only 2 negative issues.
1) Battery life is less than with iPhuck. Though after my ATT account was
changed by removing the iPhuck and adding the Aria to it, the battery life
almost doubled. Go figure what kind of atrocious setups the operator have
there. Additionally by installing app manager helped too.

2) While in ATT network, they restrict app installs only from approved
market place. Rooting seems like a good option if you want other apps than
what are available in market place. T-Mobile does not have same
restrictions. I do not know about Sprint nor Verizon restrictions.