[Nolug] Pro bono website work or website advice

From: Lee S. Whatley <lee_at_whatley.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:05:31 -0600

So one of my coworker's sisters heads a group that was just granted
permission to start a charter school in New Orleans for people over
18 who don't have high school diplomas that want to earn one. They
want to setup a website for the group/school, but have a very limited
budget. Does anyone here do pro bono website work for groups like
this, or know someone who does? Would it make a difference if they
were a 501(c)(3) so that your time would be tax deductible? (I don't
know whether they are or not...the thought just occurred to me so
I'll ask and find out). Any help would be appreciated. I would
offer to do it for them myself, but they last time I made a website
geocities was still alive and kicking and the <BLINK> tag was still
en vogue.

Thanks!
-Lee