RE: [Nolug] Someone just called my home-office phone number...

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 06:25:47 -0800

I have a good story too, but not as good as this one and not quite as.. illegal. I got a call at the office yesterday and the lady immediately said "This is AT&T and we want our phone numbers back". I had no idea what she was talking about, so I kept on the line asking her what she meant. My assumption was something had gone wrong with paperwork and they were trying to port my number back to AT&T for somebody's use. (That would be bad.)

Finally I realized it was the worst sales pitch I had ever heard--they wanted me as a customer.

So I just hung up.