Re: [Nolug] USB external drive

From: Louis Ross <louis.ross_at_selu.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 20:17:44 +0000

Look in /dev/
open a terminal , type "ls /dev/ | grep sd*" and see what turns up, insert
the USB wait a few seconds and enter the command again (I hit the up arrow)
, if any part of the Linux system recognizes the drive, you will see
addition.

 Due to the fact that Windows doesn't recognize it either, is there a way it
can be removed from the USB enclosure and hooked up to a regular SATA cable?

Since you are only reformatting it prior to disposal, might I suggest a
drill press, cutting torch, or perhaps a small to medium caliber firearm of
some other type...

Guy