Re: [Nolug] USB external drive

From: Randy Wild <randywild1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 16:43:43 -0700 (PDT)

Louis,  I'll try what you said in /dev/ I cannot hook it up with a sata cable.  It is similar to a flash (jump) drive (30 gb). Randy   ________________________________ From: Louis Ross <louis.ross@selu.edu> To: nolug@nolug.org Sent: Sun, April 3, 2011 3:17:44 PM Subject: Re: [Nolug] USB external drive Look in /dev/ open a terminal , type "ls /dev/ | grep sd*" and see what turns up, insert the USB wait a few seconds and enter the command again (I hit the up arrow) , if any part of the Linux system recognizes the drive, you will see addition.  Due to the fact that Windows doesn't recognize it either, is there a way it can be removed from the USB enclosure and hooked up to a regular SATA cable? Since you are only reformatting it prior to disposal, might I suggest a drill press, cutting torch, or perhaps a small to medium caliber  firearm of some other type... Guy On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Mischa D. Krilov <rossum@gmail.com> wrote: Gparted might also see the drive. >Mischa >-- >Sent from my Android phone. Please forgive any top-posting.