If you want a job... (was Re: [Nolug] Fwd: We need a Cisco Wi-Fi ...)

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 05:33:08 -0500

On 04/10/2011 04:11 AM, Clint Billedeaux wrote:
> Thanks for the share. Wish I knew someone who wanted to do it.
>
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Jeremy (mailing list account)<
> listbox@unix-boy.com> wrote:
>
>> If anyone is interested...
>>

> Curious...but not interested. Why do networking jobs have to pay 1099

Because (a) you aren't needed often enough to be an FTE, and (b) FTEs
are too hard to let go when they aren't needed anymore.

> and
> be completely incompatible with a regular 8-5, M-F?

You must be new to the "real world".

The lusers who work 8-5 M-F (and whom are more numerous and more
powerful than you) don't want to have their networks disrupted by cable
monkeys rooting around their desks and offices while said lusersgo about
their own business.

Thus, the only time to do disruptive stuff is from 18:00-07:00 M-F and
Sa-Su.

> I don't mind working for
> people in my spare time, but you can't put regular employment behind someone
> who wants a no-strings attached business-to-business relationship.

You work when the person offering the job wants you to work. Or start
your own company and work for yourself. Or go on welfare and complain
about having to look for a job.

corrupt."