Re: [Nolug] Fwd: We need a Cisco Wi-Fi "go to" Engineer for an ongoing project in your area.

From: brent saner <brent.saner_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:17:13 +0000

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Scott Cotton <scott@nscotton.com> wrote:

> To be honest any questions in reference to 1099 forms and other financial
> questions should be directed to a attorney or a accountant.
>
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Petri Laihonen <pietu@weblizards.net>wrote:
>
>> I see....
>> So it was just confusing to me to see the "Pay rate" indicated as a tax
>> form. Especially since there are pay rate categories, like with government
>> stuff. The categories have certain names numbers or letters (I think it was
>> letters) which in turn can be associated with the actual pay rate.
>>
>> And yes. I do appreciate job postings. At any day I might need one
>> addition to the ones I already have.

I don't want to revive any flame war or anything, but this is relevant AND
helpful:

http://www.infoworld.com/t/information-technology-careers/7-dirty-consultant-tricks-and-how-avoid-them-165

I just saw it on the GoLUG mailing list and thought I'd pass it along (since
it seems all we GNU/Linux guys can get in this state that let us use our
Linux prowess are 1099's ;)