[Nolug] Fwd: Networking - PHP - Engineer @ New York Startup

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:32:43 -0500

For what it's worth. Caveat emptor.

--Joey

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Networking - PHP - Engineer @ New York Startup
Date: Wednesday 04 May 2011 08:09
From: "Bret Feig " <bret@appetude.com>
To: joey@joeykelly.net

i Joey,

I was wondering if we could network together.

We are currently a 22 person start-up who are about
to revolutionize how people order food online.

We are looking to hire some skilled PHP Developers
to work within our NY Office!

This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual

Please review this description and pass along to anyone who might
be interested in having a conversation

Do you like food? No, do you LOVE food? If you do, we’re pretty
 sure you’ve ordered food online before, and the experience just
 sucks! It doesn’t have to. Appetude wants to change the way you
 order food online, and start a conversation about what you order.
 We’re still a small team, so everything you contribute as well as
 your opinion, really matter to us. We are serious people powered
 by our passion that want to make a bang.

Appetude is looking for people who love what they do to join us
this adventure. We want people who know how to give constructive
 feedback, and take honest feedback no matter how critical, and
 still have a good laugh later. We know you’re good at what you
do, so we want to be able to give you enough room to run with
 whatever tasks need to be done. But above all, we want to work
 with people who love people + food.

You will work and collaborate closely with the rest of our
 engineering team to meet project deadlines and milestones.
 You should be able to work well in a team, as well as communicate
effectively whether in person or in writing. Your responsibilities
will primarily involve working on our back end to deliver features
 bug fixes, maintain code, optimize systems,

 and interface with our database.

Requirements:

• 2-4 years of PHP5 Experience
• 2-4 years of MySQL experience
• Knowledge and experience with MVC Design patterns
• Object Oriented Programming
• PHP Frameworks(any)
• Version Control Systems(preferably Git)
• Unit Testing

Preferred Experience:
• Social Network APIs (Facebook, and Twitter) and JSON.

Super Bonuses:
• HTML5, CSS3, XML, JS, jQuery
• SSH/FTP
• Agile/SCRUM