Re: [Nolug] new haven?

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:27:18 -0800 (PST)

hmmm...no offense, but why do I get the feeling that this will degrade into a wierd rave-like
atmosphere except with laptops, red bull, and no chicks?

Brett

--- "< w >" <willtrufant@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Got this email a couple of minutes ago - figured id pass it on...this is
> the place where 2600 meetings are held also...
>
> Announcing HACKER HOUR @ MYTHIQUE ( 1135 decatur st. upstairs )
> Every day from 6pm - 9pm Beginning Monday November 18, 2002
>
> We are opening our doors early specifically for developers, designers,
> gamers, IT professionals, and general technology enthusiasts.
>
> Finally, there is a place in New Orleans where you can comfortably have
> a drink after a long day of coding, open your laptop and log onto the
> web, play a PS2 on a big screen, and socialize with other computer
> professionals!
>
> Our lounge is now equipped with a DSL line, 8 standard Ethernet ports,
> plus a wireless hub for those with wireless cards. This is currently a
> free service at Mythique during Hacker Hour!
>
> A brand new PS2 is hooked up to our video projector for a unique game
> play experience. We have 2 controllers, and memory cards so you can save
> your games and return to them later. $5 per 30 minutes of game play.
> *Please feel free to bring your own games and memory cards. *Donate a
> used PS2 game to help us build our library and you'll get a free drink!
> *Chess and other board games are availible as well!
>
> Drink Specials:
> $1 off all well / call drinks and beers!
>
> We have many other plans for Hacker Hour coming very soon... This is
> only the beginning...
>
> - will ( pretty damn new to nolug )
>
> you can lead a horse to prune juice, but you cant make him drink it. nor
> would you want to.

=====
public BrettDEstrade(){
 this.email="estrabd(at)yahoo(dot)com";
 this.url1="http://www.brettsbsd.net/";
 this.eFax="(253)484-8755";
 this.iM ="YMsg(estrabd),ICQ(46248888),AIM(bz743)";
 this.misc ="A.M.D.G.";
}