Re: [Nolug] Any VLAN experts out there?

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 22:38:20 -0500

Oh, further elaboration on the DHCP issues I've had. I set up a trunk
between the router and the switch, and had it running VLAN traffic over one
link. Works perfect, except DHCP takes a few minutes when you plug into a
port assigned to any of those VLANs that are using DHCP. It caused issues
with some of the devices we were plugging in, so I had to move it to a
physical untagged port on the router and run that straight to those
devices. DHCP worked fine then. Again, the router is plugged into the
Dell, not the Cisco. I think Jeremy might be right here, this Dell is
probably causing more issues than it's worth.