Re: [Nolug] Any VLAN experts out there?

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 23:06:13 -0500

Ahhh, so the delay is just the VLAN security. That makes total sense. I'm
guessing you can usually turn that off somehow so that a port will
immediately give you an IP when you plug in? Or, if you plug in a cheap
unmanaged switch to that port, it will keep that port active, and anything
you plug into the cheap switch will get an IP immediately. I imagine
disabling the port security would be the way to go to speed up DHCP, or is
there a better method?