RE: [Nolug] ISP failover w/DNS

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 13:38:15 -0500

Hi Chris.

Any time you reference a DNS resolver that you can't reach you will
experience a delay before trying the next DNS resolver in the list. You
want to avoid this situation!

Any router you use should for a load balancing or failover function should
have at least a DNS forwarder built in. Furthermore, when the external DNS
resolvers are defined in it, they should be per input feed. Thus the router
knows which external DNS resolvers to use based on which line(s) is up.

Regards,

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA - (504) 454-0899