RE: [Nolug] ISP failover w/DNS

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 14:04:11 -0500

Hi Ron.

I'm not clear on what you mean by a DNS proxy server.

Some refer to a DNS forwarder as a proxy resolver.

If you are running servers which outsiders need access to then the router
will probably have to act as a DNS server, also. Else the outside world
will have trouble finding your servers in an efficient fashion. Listing
both sets of address in DNS works, but is not efficient when one feed is
down.

Yes, running public servers raises it to another level. :) The next step
is your own address space and BGP routing.

Regards,

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA - (504) 454-0899