3rd party dns ... Re: [Nolug] ISP failover w/DNS

From: Patrick <pmheart6_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 14:19:48 -0700 (PDT)

Wit the talk of keeping track of which dos to use based on which isp's are up, I thought this post would be a good one to bring up 3rd party dns.

I know I tried Google's dns when it came out a few years ago and was not impressed. Nothing special, slow, and one more data mining opportunity (if you consider that bad)

I haven't used openDNS, and hate the way cox intercepts your surfing.

Of course all are better than making it to a hijack, virus, or other bad site. I know my hosts file gets updated by spybot s&d

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android