RE: [Nolug] Security & Cell Phones

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:35:50 -0500

Hi Ron.

Yes, I did hear that a flaw in the GSM encryption was uncovered a year or
two ago. But I believe that there was an easy fix for it. I wonder if the
carriers have implemented it?

What concerns me more is that one article I read said that GSM encryption
wasn't used in the US to start with.

Oh, before anyone mentions it, if you use your smartphone on an unprotected
WiFi network then your Internet data is totally exposed.

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA - (504) 454-0899