Re: [Nolug] New feature of Cox High Speed Internet

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:13:40 -0500

It's a shame the cable companies can't do what DirecTV (I think it was them)
does with having every single NFL game on their network. I hear they're
even immune to blackouts. If we had something like that, we wouldn't even
need ESPN. And that is a service that many people would happily pay an
extra $10 a month for. The satellite companies really do have a good
service when it comes to television, cable providers get the advantage when
you need internet. It sucks for us consumers that somebody like Cox can't
do the same. My girlfriend had Dish for a while, and NOBODY can compare to
their HD offerings. Of course we all know that satellite internet is both
super expensive (somewhere around $200/mo is what I've heard), and useless
at best. I'm sure Cox would love to compete with them, but they probably
have a lot of exclusive deals with content providers. Gotta love how things
work.