RE: [Nolug] New feature of Cox High Speed Internet

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:14:40 -0500

Hi Ron.

Investments to lay cable are not "already paid for". The payments are
committed but often spread over time. And the associated right-of-way costs
are ongoing.

The higher cost for higher speed isn't always because of the "last mile"
(your connection to the ISP). It also includes what the ISP pays for their
upstream connections to other ISPs, not to mention the equipment involved.

Regards,

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA - (504) 454-0899