Re: [Nolug] Nook Color vs Kindle Fire

From: Friedrich Gurtler <fgurtler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 09:54:52 -0500

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM, B. Estrade <estrabd@gmail.com> wrote:

> You guys are missing the point. E-ink is a fundamentally different
> display technology with the goal of providing the same experience one
> gets from printed paper. It's not meant to be a tablet. It's meant to
> be a book.

There are the e-ink kindles (Kindle, Kindle Touch (3g), Kindle Keyboard,
Kindle DX) and then there is the IPS kindle, the Kindle Fire. Different
displays, different platforms, different uses, same brand.

The OP seems to be asking about the Nook vs Fire, which is a pretty
appropriate comparison which has nothing to do with an single purpose
e-Reader.

Also regarding the price point, I think the WSJ had an article talking about
how Amazon was losing $10 per fire. So its a loss leader, but not nearly as
bad as the touchbook.