Re: [Nolug] An oldie but a goodie

From: Brad Bendily <bendily_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:56:11 -0600

>> It's a little sad when people can't see the trees for the forest.
>>
>> https://centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=127

I worked for a company once that had a web appliance we shipped to customers.
When it arrived, I spent a couple of hours with them getting it setup
and explaining what
needed to be done. Apparently one company didn't get the certificate
part done before putting
the device in production and I had an angry customer of our customer
that called me to complain
about the "Snake Oil" SSL certificate and wanted to know why it was on
their computer.
I had a hard time explaining it was the default certificate for apache
and that it should
have been replaced by the company before being put into production. I
despised doing tech
support for that device.

--
Have Mercy & Say Yeah