Re: [Nolug] An oldie but a goodie

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:05:58 -0600

On Wednesday 14 December 2011 22:55, Mischa D. Krilov wrote:
> It's a little sad when people can't see the trees for the forest.
>
> https://centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=127

In a related frame of mind... just today I notified a client that they had 44
duplicate usernames in a database, and that they ought to fix it. I
begrudgingly fixed the immediate problem username for them, after which some
secretary began feeding me other usernames one-by-one to fix for her. I
quickly (after recovering from a fit of desk-pounding) informed her that she
too could have her very own login to the database front-end to make the
changes herself.

Honestly, sometimes I think management-types look at a computer and dedicate
themselves to putting it to the most inefficient uses possible.

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant
http://joeykelly.net
504-239-6550