Re: [Nolug] ubuntu 10.04 Internet Connection

From: Michael Walker <doublethrow_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:54:49 -0500

I haven't had success with that window. I stick to ifconfig. I've also
never had to play with the metric which I understand to be used to set
route cost (i.e. lower metric = less costly/preferred route).

Post the output of ifconfig and route as well as the contents of your
resolve.conf file. Include the IP address and netmask you want for
your nic as well as the default gateway.

Also, with cox, I have to bounce my modem every time I connect a new nic to it.

--
Mike
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Randy Wild <randywild1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Michael
> Getting closer.  I found a window to config the connection.  Based on the
> computer that works, I gave the Ubuntu computer the IP address, Gateway, and
> Mask. (98.164.124.30, 98.164.120.1 and 255.255.248.0.
> Metric is blank.  Should this be 0 or 100?
> I'm wondering why I have to give all this info if I'm selecting DHCP
> automatically?
> ---
> randy

Mike