[Nolug] playing a movie

From: Randy Wild <randywild1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:34:01 -0700 (PDT)

Having trouble playing a movie file after upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 to 11.04. The first error was "an error occurred - Gstreamer encountered a general resource error". I fixed that by going to Ubuntu Software Center and installing all plugins related to GStreamer and the error went away. The current problem is when I try to play a movie file, Video_TS.VOB 156.0 Kb, MPEG (Open with Totem Movie Player v2.32.0), it just sits in PAUSE and won't play.  The first screen of the movie is showing, but it stays on PAUSE. Also shows (Streaming) in parenthesis.  The file is on my hard drive, not on the Internet, so there should be no streaming involved. I tried a second movie file (also on the hard drive) in case the first was corrupt.  Same thing happened. Details: 999.5 RAM, Pentium 4.