Re: [Nolug] Nolug on G+?

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 23:49:55 -0500

> E-mail based mailing lists are such a 90s fad.

How much spam have we gotten in the last, oh, 13 years? How many "me too!"
posts?

My point is this... forums (we had one, years ago) and facebook offer little to
no barrier to entry... it seems to me that mailing lists seem to weed out the
idiots and the drive-by cluelessness that forums breed.

OK, so I had to lock down the wiki due to scripted pharmacy spam, but you get
my point.

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant
http://joeykelly.net
504-239-6550