Re: [Nolug] Need some help with Xserver pains. Anyone?

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:33:50 -0500

On Monday, August 20, 2012 08:56:00 pm you wrote:
> Pardon my frustration sir pre, but everyone hates the Pixi and wants
> nothing to do with my questions apparently.

It's more probable that no one compiles X these days, and thus no one has any
idea where to begin. That said, I'm interested in your project... I have a fire
sale HP tablet and I'm still running WebOS.

<snip>

> This may or may not be the correct error as I ran it via terminal and not
> xecutah.

Um, that's an xterm, right? It's my understanding that under the hood, WebOS
is fairly standard Linux (unlike nameless other Google Linux implementations),
so unless something weird is going on, you ought to be able to start an X
application from bash. Do X apps started like that open in a new card, or do
they remain in the card the terminal is in?

IPv6, you say? Hrm... and IPv4 stuff works correctly? Interesting problem you
got there...

Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant
http://joeykelly.net
504-239-6550