Re: [Nolug] Need some help with Xserver pains. Anyone?

From: Curtis Smith <kman922002_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:47:56 -0500

I'll try to break this down as simple as I can without carpal tunnel setting in.

Yes it is a mostly unrestricted linux distro, but as I said 'official' applications run in a jailed environment, preventing access to most things.

The terminal is NOT xterm, as xterm requires xecutah and xserver to be working. These were working fine til I started compiling things.

As for your interest in the work I'm doing, are you still in the area? I'm not sure if the touchpad will run Pixi binaries, I'd have to compile it on/for your pad.

Also, xecutah is what breaks security constraints and runs a new X session in a new card, then launches xterm. As far as directly running from bash, it's a no go, webos uses a semi-proprietary sdl directfb driver iirc, and all available vars for SDL_VIDEODRIVER fail to init.

I think I got all of the Q's

Sent from my Palm Pixi on T-Mobile