Re: [Nolug] language of choice?

From: B. Estrade <estrabd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 08:32:26 -0500

FWIW, Facebook uses a myriad of technologies up and down the stack. I knew
about their PHP->C++ s2s translator, but not HipHop. It's interesting what
they do with dynamic languages these days, and I see it is a VM/Runtime/JIT
compiler - there are many efforts like this for many languages. Facebook
also is investigating D, as evidenced by the fact that they sponsored the
last D Conference.

Anyway, I like to see all languages progress and only argue that I like one
over the other or that one is better for a specific purpose over the other.
I've been following PHP since 1997, so it's come a long way.

Brett