Re: [Nolug] language of choice?

From: B. Estrade <estrabd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:10:47 -0500

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 08:58:55AM -0500, Jerry Wilborn wrote:
> http://pecl.php.net/ if you're looking for libraries, the comments section
> of the php documentation if you're looking for quick/short code snippets.
> On large projects I've worked on, the mentality of "lets just use someones
> library" has lead to lots of ugliness.

For things like HTTP clients or encryption, it's better to use the
standard and time tested CPAN libs. OTOH, it's a fool who just slaps
together a bunch of modules of libs in any language.

Perl has gotten some nice tools as of late; I can't seem to live
without perltidy or perlcritic these days.

Brett