Re: [Nolug] language of choice?

From: Jess Planck <jesse.planck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:17:10 -0500

Did it actually take more than 24 hours before shots got taken. ;P

Well you'll get none of that from me because a giant toolbox of scripty whoop-a$$ is why I'm on this list in the first place. It's php driving my sites that have CSS complied with compass using some custom python that gets pushed out by lame hand coded bash scripts. Still want to play with capistrano or puppet for deploys and that javascript knowledge has come in mighty handy for the new hot weird ideas people are having. I came from perl, but these days I only mess with other-people's-perl. Still it's good to know a little about what this stuff is doing. And nice to recognize enough with C(++)(Obj-) too.

I always consider myself - no rockstar / still learning. Sometimes I wish I could approach human language with as much enthusiasm, but I guess machines are easier to deal with.

Jess