Re: [Nolug] language of choice?

From: Jerry Wilborn <jerrywilborn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 07:36:14 -0500

Throwing down the gauntlet(!): I believe I could port any Perl parsing
script to PHP that would best it in simplicity and speed. One (slightly
off topic) example is I've ported
https://code.google.com/p/snmp-session/to PHP and the speed was
significantly increased (doubled) on similar
hardware.

That said, I'm reminded of the phrase "when your only tool is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail." I think all of the languages have their
advantages; PHP just seems to have so many more. ;)

Jerry Wilborn
jerrywilborn@gmail.com