Re: [Nolug] language of choice?

From: John Fox <john_at_foxfin.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:03:17 -0500

Nice, I like that! If I were in the server business, you folks would blow
my socks off, no doubt.

Again, my mission with perl is slicing and dicing large datasets into sql
for sane retrieves. I also use perl to open 3270 sessions with zOS
mainframes and screen scrape data into sql for sane retrieves (detonation
#1). Which means my second language of "choice" is COBOL and Eztrieve
(detonation #2). Its not at all my choice because I am a victim of my
industry and enterprise environment.

And by the way, when I run perl it's ActiveState Komodo in w32 (detonation
#3). Go easy guys, I'm a victim of industry, LOL....

If I had my way, it would be gentoo with most of the languages previously
mentioned. Mostly perl though...

I am now running for the swamp.

:-D

----