Re: [Nolug] Need new internet service...

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:04:39 -0800 (PST)

I agree with that assessment, too. I am still able to access my machine via ssh which is cool
when I want to procrastinate at work, and if I really needed to see my local apache/php set up
running from outside of my house I could tunnel port 80 through ssh ;)

As far as ips go, it is dynamic, but I have had the same one for over a year. I am also able to
run all the other things, includeing gtk-gnutella (port 6000-something).`

Brett

--- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 13:45, bad-magic-number wrote:
> [snip]
> > if I get the from somewhere else. As well, I've heard the Cox horror
> > stories and want good, stable access.
>
> I can't say about business customers, but after a couple of months
> of "difficulties" during the transition from @HOME.COM to @COX.NET,
> I've been pleased with Cox.
>
> It was a real bummer when they blocked port 80, but since the non-
> commercial AUP prohibits servers anyway, it's kinda hard to complain...

> | Ron Johnson, Jr. mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net |
> | Jefferson, LA USA http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
> | |
> | "My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife, |
> | you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher." |
> | Socrates |

=====
public BrettDEstrade(){
 this.email="estrabd(at)yahoo(dot)com";
 this.url1="http://www.brettsbsd.net/";
 this.eFax="(253)484-8755";
 this.iM ="YMsg(estrabd),ICQ(46248888),AIM(bz743)";
 this.misc ="A.M.D.G.";
}