Re: [Nolug] Need new internet service...

From: David <davisparbuckle_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:01:12 -0600

There is a way to get a "good", i.e. ports 80, 25, etc., static IP from the
residential cox service if you can mange to get an address on the 68.14.*.*
network. All you have to do is find an address thats not in use on the
68.14.*.* network and, borrow it. Even better, try your luck at getting the
DHCP server into giving you one of those addresses and you'll be better off.
I hope I did'nt just shoot myself in the foot by telling everyone this. Oh
well.