Re: [Nolug] Need new internet service...

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:40:12 -0600

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:35:46PM -0600, Robert Cochran wrote:
> 1) If they can catch you they're not doing a good job.

Trust me. it's easy. They may not be doing it now but they ought to be
and probably will at some point. Besides it's rude to steal an IP in
this manner. However, if you can get it DHCP-assigned then bob's your
Uncle. If you can find a 68.14.x.x address that you're connected to,
you can get your dhcp client to request this address and possibly obtain
it if it is indeed free. This will bug no one and is perfectly legit.
once you get the lease, I can tell you firsthand that it is highly
unlikely to change presuming you're not one to power off your firewall.

> 2) Your IP address had to change (@home had a 24.0.0.0/8 and cox.net owns
> 68.0.0.0 - 68.15.0.0)

You misunderstand my post. That is the last time my address changed.
How many months ago was that?