Re: [Nolug] DIRECTV DSL going out of business ( grr.... )

From: bad-magic-number <bad-magic-number_at_eternity-technologies.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:24:33 -0600

> On Friday 13 December 2002 5:32 pm, bad-magic-number wrote:
> > > Nuts.
> > >
> > > <http://www.directvdsl.com/>
> >
> > Actually, when I read that, I used a word starting with F, went on
> > for two minutes before ending with a word ending in -ch. This is
> > total CRAP. Now I have use that stuff Cox calls "high speed
> > internet".
>
> Me too. You definitely don't need to go with Cox or Bell South
though,
> there's webdsi.com (which took over acadian internet), who have
similar
> policies to telocity/directv, but are slightly more expensive.
That's
> probably what I'll be going with.

I would be leary of using Digicomm for one reason.... When I worked
out at the UNO Research Park, I got inside info on Digicomm. Turns
out they laid off all but the two owners and one or two technical
people...

As well, I'd be leary using DSL because so much of the DSL bill you pay
is going to Bellsouth. And yes, no matter what people say, IT IS the
RBOC's (Bellsouth, Verizon, etc. ) fault for these companies going
under... How can a company turn a profit, pay people, run a network,
etc when they are getting LESS than $20 per subscriber because of the
RBOCs? Thanks Bellsouth... Thanks FCC... And thanks to that
idiot, puppet FCC chairman put in by that numbskull in the White House.
Competition is dead/diing for the last mile and it won't be soon before
all DSL in this area is through Bellsouth alone (ie, FastAccess) if
things keep going that direction.

Very ticked,
Jeremy