Re: [Nolug] Cable companies

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 16 Dec 2002 04:59:06 -0600

On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 23:00, johns@sstar.com wrote:
> Hi Charles.
[snip]
> > As for open access. I believe our customers will drive how we do business.
>
> In a free-enterprise system, yes. A monopoly doesn't need to listen to its
> customers.

Satellite... They may not have much penetration, but that's because Cox
has been doing an effective job of giving people valid reasons not to
switch.

If their service degrades, or prices go up too much, you'd see more
people switching to satellite.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife, |
| you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher."    |
|    Socrates                                                   |