[Nolug] Directv demise

From: Carlos <carlos_at_cancansystems.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:15:04 -0800

It looks like with the demise of Directv we are all scrambling for a new
DSL provider. I've had Directv for more than three years without
experiencing any problems and kind of get used to it. I really liked
the easy setup, and the fact that I could use a Linux server to
masquerade as many PC as I wanted for the same price. I don't know if
I'll be able to find some other provider that will let me do that!! I
have a small VPN using SuSE Linux 8.1 that is working fine with Directv.
Now I don't know if I'll be able to find some other provider that will
let me do the same thing without having to pay extra bucks for the fixed
IP address needed for VPN. The way I see it with Cox aggressively
marketing broad band, and Bell South chocking up the "last mile" soon
there will be no choice.

Has anyone had experience with I55?

Carlos