RE:[2] [Nolug] Rc5-72 contest....

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:35:33 -0800 (PST)

> Its a big universe and ludicrous to think we are singular and "special"
> in a cosmic sense.....

if not a bit egotistical..

Anyway, I am going to put this stuff on my FreeBSD boxes at home and join the team. To bad Uncle
Sam won't let me use my workstation --> RH 7.3, dual Xeon 2.4ghz, 3 GB of RAM (that just 1 of 4 I
have access to) .....

Brett

--- bad-magic-number <bad-magic-number@eternity-technologies.net> wrote:
> On the date of 12/18/2002 12:08:25 PM , Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.
> net> spoke:
> >Instead of searching cosmic static for non-existant aliens, the rc5-72
> >project from http://www.distributed.net uses the same concept (hence
> >the name) to use brute force to do mathematical-type things.
>
> That's a bit presumptuous... Live undeniably exists outside our Solar
> System based on mathematical probability... To say something only
> happened in one place in a universe this size would be pure folly.
>
> And it may very well be intelligent, but:
>
> 1. We might not find it since we can only see a sliver of the sky at
> Arecibo... 2. We may not know what to look for since the maybe very
> well be more advanced than us. We are cosmic infants as Homo Sapiens
> are a young species.
>
> And of course life outside our Solar System might very well not be as
> intelligent as us...
>
> Its a big universe and ludicrous to think we are singular and "special"
> in a cosmic sense.....

=====
public BrettDEstrade(){
 this.email="estrabd(at)yahoo(dot)com";
 this.url1="http://www.brettsbsd.net/";
 this.eFax="(253)484-8755";
 this.iM ="YMsg(estrabd),ICQ(46248888),AIM(bz743)";
 this.misc ="A.M.D.G.";
}