[Nolug] E-T and evangelism

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 19 Dec 2002 12:10:46 -0600

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 10:28, Joey Kelly wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 10:22, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Well, The White Man goes to remote, underdeveloped to spread the Gospel
> > of Christ. Maybe ET evangelists would come here to spread *their*
> > religion to "the savages on Sol 3".
>
> This is my main argument against ETs. If the bible is true, then God's
> attention is focused here, not Out There Somewhere. Plus there's the sin
> question: Christ died once, as a human. He didn't die for the little
> green men. Conjecturing that the little green men didn't have a fall on
> their planet stretches things a litle thin, in my opinion.

As I said, it would be *their* religion they would be spreading, not
ours.

You made the crucial qualifier: "If the bible is true". What if it
isn't? (Note that as an atheist, this is just an intellectual excersise
for me...)

Also, "If the bible is true, then God's attention is focused here".
Why is that so? If He is omniscient, omnipresent & omnipotent, why
couldn't He be handling multiple worlds at the same time?

Furthermore, "Christ died once, as a human". Following the Bible,
true, and far as it goes. Other species may not have fallen from
grace in *their* versions of the Garden of Eden, and for other species
that also Fell, Christ would have sacrificed Himself for them, in what
ever way that each of those sets of civilisations evolved...
Since Christ is part of the Triune God, and is also thus omniscient,
omnipresent & omnipotent, He could be handling multiple worlds at the
same time just like His Father.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife, |
| you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher."    |
|    Socrates                                                   |