Re: [Nolug] E-T and evangelism

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:07:36 -0600

At 05:42 PM 12/19/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I think that this thread should halt right now.
>
>Making fun of someone else's religion is Not Nice To Do On The List...

A. Chill out, nobody was being made fun of.
B. I'm Christian and am the first to realize that most religions,
Christianity included, are all over the map.
C. I've spoken with Dan off-list before and I know that as an adult he
won't get upset because people have viewpoints different than his (in this
case, quite a lot).
4. The joke was about operating systems and not gods/religions. It simply
used gods/religions as the foundation for the joke.
5. If the joke had been religions, so what? Religion has been the butt of
jokes for a very, very long time, and often for good reason.
6. The final answer is VMS.
G. I brought the thread back on-topic.

>Ron
>
>On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 15:13, Dustin Puryear wrote:
> > All praise be to Allah? Seriously though, I've heard Allah uses the three
> > free BSDs, Jehova uses Linux, Buddha uses Plan 9, and Zeus uses an OS
> based
> > on compiled Perl, or at least that's the word on the street. I've read
> that
> > Jehova uses Linux because, like Jehova, Linux has a lot of different
> > versions and flavors. You can pick which one you like best and roll with
> > it. Heck, that makes me wonder about the Hindu gods? Now that must be a
> > mess. Perhaps they are all based on some kind of agent-based operating
> > system that can be combined in any number of forms?
> >
> > This is a good question. If you were a god (or God for the monotheists)
> > which OS would you use to run the Universe(s)?
> >
> > At 01:23 PM 12/19/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> > >Not to get religious on everyone but there are questions I have
> answers for.

---