Re: [Nolug] E-T and evangelism

From: the Professor <nyghtgolem_at_bigplanet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:46:03 -0600

> >I think that this thread should halt right now.
> >
> >Making fun of someone else's religion is Not Nice To Do On The List...

While, generally speaking, this is a very accurate and correct behavior, I
don't think too many would be offended when asked that kind of question....
and if you are I hear Allah needs a few more drones.

> A. Chill out, nobody was being made fun of.
Except Windoze. A whole lot.

> B. I'm Christian and am the first to realize that most religions,
> Christianity included, are all over the map.
:) Like mine! 90% of the globe!

> C. I've spoken with Dan off-list before and I know that as an adult he
> won't get upset because people have viewpoints different than his (in this
> case, quite a lot).
heh. Not too many (except in my church) share my points of view in this
area. I am definately not offended. Statements regarding/involving
religion are the responsibility and burden of the one making the statement

> 4. The joke was about operating systems and not gods/religions. It simply
> used gods/religions as the foundation for the joke.
Although still somewhat improper since He is to be respected as your
creator.

> 5. If the joke had been religions, so what? Religion has been the butt of
> jokes for a very, very long time, and often for good reason.
It is so sad that they have brought it upon themselves.

> 6. The final answer is VMS.
Is this another joke? Was I supposed to laugh? If so, how hard?

> G. I brought the thread back on-topic.
Did it ever leave? We were, after all, only talking about the person that
created everything that we assembled into computers and software that we can
talk about.

~!