Re: [Nolug] $200 linux boxes

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 19 Dec 2002 23:43:28 -0600

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 21:52, usserylaw@bellsouth.net wrote:
> don't get me wrong -- i'm a big fan of supporting the local economy and
> i do as often as possible, but i can't resist sharing this great zdnet
> story about $200 linux boxes for sale...what a great xmas gift idea:
>
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-978355.html

Looks like it was so popular that they raised the price to $248!
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2009644&cat=106560&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A3951%3A41937%3A86796%3A106562%3A106560
With WinXP, it's $51.48 more expensive for the same h/w.
With Lindows, it's $50.86 more, but you get 128MB more RAM and 30GB
more HDD...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife, |
| you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher."    |
|    Socrates                                                   |