RE: [Nolug] $200 linux boxes

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Dec 2002 10:54:49 -0600

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 09:28, Brett D. Estrade wrote:
> I still use it -- mostly to install FreeBSD from the web; but I just see it as one of those things
> that you turn to when all else fails...

<flame, option=humor>
Well, if you used a *real* OS, like Linux, then you wouldn't need them.
Besides, it's just another cable in that case. Simplify!!!
</flame>

> --- Pietu <plaihonen@uno.edu> wrote:
> > I haven't had a floppy drive on my machine(s) for almost 3 years. I have to
> > admit that Occasionally I had to put it in for bios upgrades, but recently
> > not even for that. Now I do all the bios updates directly of the internet.
> > (anyway I-net connections are normally faster than copying to/off the
> > floppy)
> >
> > I just bought CD-RW (actually 16 of them) for $47/ea. Including S/H
> > LG Electronics 40x/12x/40x with Roxio5.1 and cables. Not too bad.
> >
> > I'm thinking however, that I might go ahead get the USB floppy drive for
> > wife. She is still using forever failing flopsies.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "My advice to you is to get married: If you find a good wife, |
| you will be happy; if not, you will become a philosopher."    |
|    Socrates                                                   |