[Nolug] T1's

From: johns_at_sstar.com
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 03 22:13:18 -0600

Hi Ron.

> Bet it would be prety expensive...

Sprint was offering such a service in a number of cities for about $150.
Amazing price! But they realized that they were losing money on it and
cancelled it in most places. Even so, it was neat that all you needed was a
regular ADSL modem - which they supplied.

> Business only (or for all intents and purposes)?

Yep, based on the cost, if nothing else.

> Maybe Cox would be cheaper?

It's certainly worth checking. Last three times I priced a Cox T1 from my
location to downtown it was cheaper to use BellSouth. This rather surprised
me, but that's how it was. Last I checked was about a year ago.

Overall, I've found that Cox was only worth considering if they had fiber
running to your location already. I'm not talking about the Cable TV fiber,
but their network level stuff.

A lot depends on exactly which CO's each end of the T1 is going to, because
different carriers have POP's (points of presence) at different CO's.

So Dave's original question might be better asked: How much would it cost for
a T1 to the Internet from the xxx area of the city.

John

John Souvestre - Southern Star - 504-888-3348 - http://www.sstar.com