[Nolug] Re: cable modems

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:20:03 +0000

Thou spake:

 anybody got a cable modem i can borrow for a
>couple of days?

It doesn't work like that... in order to have a particular cable modem work
for you, you have to have Cox provision it, setting it up internally and/or
making sure its MAC address in assigned to a particular node and cleared for
data transfer across their network. Borrowing someone's cable modem would
require calling Cox and explaining to them that you only borrowed it, not
stole it (right, Scott? heh), and I doubt they would want to be
reprovisioning it every few days for you and your buddy to share it, anyway.

Anyone know the cheapest & best place to purchase a cable modem here in town?

--Joey

>Rob
>Robert W. Theriot Jr.
>Spire Network Services, INC.
>web: http://www.spirenet.com
>email: rtheriot@spirenet.com
>phone: (504) 731-1991

I'd rather crash a Ford than wreck a Chevy