RE: [Nolug] notebook recommendations

From: Brad N Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:44:41 -0600 (CST)

> recommendations on places to purchase and what to purchase. I am

well I have to say it. I recommend dell. they have used and new laptops
at reasonable prices. using linux on them well, i'm sure they use mostly
standard hardware and linux supports most standard hardware.
perhaps the biggest problem you'll have is the video card to before you
buy just verify on the linux list of supported hardware if the vid
card is supported.

they also have fairly excellent tech support. I try not to use tech
support as much as I can, but when i've needed to replace parts they
have been very responsive.

had to get that off my chest.

later
brad b