[Fwd: Re: [Nolug] notebook recommendations]

From: ussery_at_tulanealumni.net
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 02:54:08 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Nolug] notebook recommendations
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 02:44:16 -0500
From: ussery@tulanealumni.net
To: nolug@joeykelly.net

i purchased a laptop from dell in dec of '99 -- it arrived with a purple
stripe down the left side of the screen -- after many calls to dell and
hours of hold-time, we determined that my $2500 laptop had dead pixels
-- dell's solution -- to send me a new "shell" so i could swap the guts
out of the defective laptop and insert them into the "new" shell they
wanted to send me....after too many hours and days on hold, i cancelled
the purchase transaction via my credit card company and that finally got
dell's attention -- i sent it back and got all my money back...i did not
get back the many many hours i spent on hold with dell -- they made it
very easy to buy the computer but very tough to fix the problem/return
it. fujitsu seems linux-friendly and got some good reviews...try these
2 sites:

1. check out fujitsu:
http://webshop.fujitsupc.com/fpc/Ecommerce/productoverview.do?type=NB&pgid=Notebooks
and