[Nolug] Netboot utilities using Linux

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:23:06 -0600

Does anyone have any experience netbooting Linux on a PC
to run some utilities for cloning and maybe other sysadmin
stuff? My kids have windoze PC's for their games, and I'd
like to use a free (as in speech) method of cloning, instead
of the old DOS based version of Drive Image I use now.
I'm not looking to do LTSP yet, since their games need
directx and all. I've gotten the GRUB netboot floppy to load
vmlinuz and initrd.gz from my tftp server, which gets me to
a bash prompt and a few things in an 8 meg ram fs. I think
I may have to go to a diskless-root-NFS type setup to get
what I want. Any ideas or hints?

Thanks,

Andy Johnson