Re: [Nolug] "automatically" setting file permissions to -rw-rw-rw-

From: T.E.Stirewalt <TomS_at_ComputerBrain.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:50:26 -0600

Mike Raeder wrote:

I'm not sure what you're doing there, but I wouldn't suggest those sort
of permissions on something that lives in /etc.
            I was just trying to get the permissions to default to something other than -rw-r--r-

            Once I figure out how to do something that works, I will 'tune' it.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

What directory are these Open Office Word Processing files located?

Let me know some more details. Maybe I can help. What version/distro of Linux/Unix are you using?

Is this a Samba share or NFS?

            I created a samba-share of a FAT32 partition on a WinXP box that I 'mapped' to a user's home directory on a Xandros distro of Linux (based upon Debian).

            I also created an NFS share on the Linux box, in the same user's home directory.

            I have been creating a normal type word processing file in Open Office and saving it once to the Samba share and then second to the NFS share, then I exit the word processing document completely so as to not have any 'conflict' with locking etc. due to the file already being 'open'.

Tom
Thomas E. Stirewalt Jr.
voice= 504-581-1974 [ans.mach]
email= TomS@ComputerBrain.net