possible locations for installfest (Re: [Nolug] ideas to help nolug grow)

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 19:24:00 -0600

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 16:30, Scott Harney wrote:
> Bryant Stewart <bryantstewart@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> We've discussed it as a group a long time ago but it went nowhere.
> those are indeed the things we need. Does anyone have
> any contacts at a school or the Jeff library (say) where
> we could perhaps give this a whirl? Maybe set up something for
> May/June timeframe????

The church where my kids go to day school has a *big* room
with meeting tables and chairs. Surely, I could get permission
to use it. No internet connection, but, hey, we're geeks; should
that pose a problem? NO!!!!!

I can bring a couple of computers (with space enough to mirror
debian, RH80 & Mdk90, so we don't need an outside connection), a
monitor, 5 & 16 port switchs, and some long lengths of cat5 cable.

> > Im sorry Scott I didn't realized that u mentioned the
> > install fest idea before. All the group would really
> > need is some space at a local school or university who
> > already has an fast Internet presence, and find some
> > tables, switches, and cat5. And don't forget the free
> > linux cds for the event.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| The difference between Rock&Roll and Country Music?       |
| Old Rockers still on tour are pathetic, but old Country   |
| signers are still great.                                  |