Re: Re: [Nolug] CD-ROM problem

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:29:50 -0500

I got it to boot from an old 1G hard disc which doesn't have much on it besides RH 7.1. It gets to "localhost login" and after several tries will accept a login name and password. Anything beyond that tends to go into a cycle of flashing the last screen on briefly and then off for a couple of seconds. I called up vi, which I don't know how to use, and it eventually said "INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes"
    I got it to take emacs the time before, but I don't know how to use that either. X-windows doesn't come up, and I apparently have to access to the regular hard disc. At this poitn I don't have any idea what to try next.